Lheidli T’enneh First Nation
Business Planning, Construction, and Launch – Prince George Area BC
The Lheidli T’enneh are an Indigenous community of people in and around the city of Prince George. Within their territory, Lheidli T’enneh works hard to develop economic opportunities and to practice and preserve traditional activities.
Specifically related to economic development, VisionQuest Advisors worked with the Nation to plan, develop, and launch a gas bar with convenience store (Tano Fuel). It is in a relatively remote location, however proximate to the Band Office with established traffic. This project responded to community needs and maximized on the opportunity for the benefit of the entire community through revenue generation, job creation, and skills development.
Key responsibilities we delivered on include:
- Identification and implementation of a process to create broad participation and both short-term and long-term benefits
- Feasibility analysis and business planning
- Support to secure financing and funding
- Schedule, budget, and cost-management
- Planning and approvals
- Business launch and operations support (e.g. hiring, special events, inventory management, marketing, policies and procedures, etc.)
- Procurement services including pre-qualification, tendering, bid analysis, and evaluation of proponents
- Project and construction management
Opened in May 2017, Tano Fuel took advantage of an opportunity that could only be undertaken by the community as a whole. Creating a fuel and convenience store immediately improved the local economy and allowed the band to achieve the confidence and financial resources to move into other ventures.